Clothing and Fashion Accessory Swap + Beauty Workshops + Makeover + Mingling
Buy ticket at the door @$30
Like our swap meets? Sign up for Swap Meet Notifications
The Ultimate Fashion Swap Party!
Is your winter wardrobe leaving you cold? Then join us November 6th for a fabulously fun, eco-friendly fashion extravaganza!
SwapSity is teaming up with
Green Instead to bring you this ultimate clothing and fashion accessory swap party.
Save yourself an expensive trip to the mall and enjoy a day of trying on clothes and getting expert tips to enhance your look. Bring those items you never wear and trade them with fellow fashionistas for clothing and accessories that are new to you!
We'll have change rooms, music, refreshments and plenty of opportunities to mix and mingle.
Want some style advice? Nationally-syndicated columnist Marilyn Wetston, The Wardrobe Doctor,
will host a mini-workshop and offer consultations, providing free advice on choosing the most flattering pieces and creative ways to pair your items.
The pros from bellapierre cosmetics will also be on hand to show you how to give your best features a boost with their natural mineral make-up.
They'll provide tips and makeover demonstrations to help you get gorgeous.
Once you get the style tips and make-up tricks you need, it'll be time to try on clothes and start swapping! Leftover items will be donated to Newcomer Women, which provides clothing for refugee and immigrant women, so everybody wins.
Grab your quality pre-loved clothing, necklaces, handbags, scarves, and shoes and plan to mingle, recycle, get pampered and get glamorous at the ultimate fashion swap party in town!
- Date: November 6th, Saturday
- Location: 200 Spadina Avenue, Second Floor at Green Instead (Queen & Spadina)
- Time: 1:30pm to 4:30 pm
- Swap Party & Workshop Tickets: Tickets are available at $25 online or at Green Instead (200 Spadina, Second Floor) until Nov 5th. Otherwise it's $30 at the door.
- Refreshments will be served.
- Facebook: Share the Fashion Swap with your Facebook friends!
What to Bring: Bring your gently-used clothing, necklaces, pendants, rings, brand new earrings, scarves, belts, gloves, shoes, pins, bags, handbags, hats, ladies fragrances (unopened bottles), ladies watches, unopened make-up, fashion brooches, ladies wallets, and other fashion accessories.
Check out the photos from our September fashion accessory swap.
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm Dropping off pre-loved clothing and fashion, mingling and refreshments
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm Image, style and make-up workshop
Workshop Description: Everyone wants to look and feel their best, while creating a positive statement. Learn how to wear the latest trends to compliment your size, shape and complexion and stay within your budget. Create a perfect wardrobe tailor-made just for you. In addition, three lucky attendees will get their make-up done by bellapierre cosmetics.
- 3:00pm - 3:30pm Try on and match clothing and fashion, mingle with other ladies and enjoy refreshments
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm Clothing and fashion accessory swap!!
- 4:00pm - 4:30pm Personal Image Consultations at Marilyn's
We have laid out a few simple guidelines to keep the swap party running smoothly:
- Bring at least one item to swap. It can be a piece of clothing, jewellery or a fashion accessory. You can bring up to 20 items to this eco-event.
- The maximum value of each item should be under $30. We encourage you not to bring branded or one-of-a-kind items, precious stones or fashion accessories that exceed $30, unless you're willing to part with them and swap them for a lesser value item.
- Items must be clean, smoke-free and in good condition.
- Please don't bring used earrings, used hair accessories, opened make-up, used perfume bottles, counterfeit branded products. If we feel the item is unsuitable, we may not be able to include it in the swap.
- One item equals one token. You will be able to take the same token value in items that you have brought.
- Keep in mind that all swaps are final.
- Be prepared for a fun time!