Book Movie Music Eco-Swap (Yonge-Dundas, July 27)
Swapsity's Book Movie Music Eco-Swap
A perennial crowd pleaser, the Swapsity Swap Zone is returning to the Live Green Toronto Festival in Yonge-Dundas Square. We can hardly wait to see the swaps, smiles and success stories that the Swap Zone has become famous for.
Refresh your collections of CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, vinyl and books while taking it easy on the environment and your wallet. Almost 5,000 items were swapped last year, resulting in an incredible $40,000 in swapper savings. This time around, we’re sure to see tons more!
- Date: July 27, Saturday
- Time: 11am to 8pm
- Admission: FREE entry!
- Location: Yonge and Shuter, Swapsity's Swap Zone
- What to bring: books, DVDs, blu-rays, CDs and vinyl records to swap. You must bring at least 1 item to participate.
- Goal: 7,500 swaps in 9 hours!
- Festival website: www.toronto.ca/greentorontofestival
Join us in Yonge-Dundas Square for a fun day of swapping; you can swap for a whole new media library if you like! Just bring your pre-loved books, movies and music to the Swapsity Swap Zone and trade them, one-for-one, for 'new' favourites. For every item you bring, you will receive one swap token, which will serve as your swap currency to exchange for another item. You’ll have thousands of items to choose from, all contributed by your fellow swappers. Best of all, this community event is totally free! As always, we'll have a family-friendly section, so the kids are sure to have a blast too.
TIPS TO GET READY
Tip 1: Bring your swappables! Start looking for your items early. You never know what you can de-clutter from your home or work space.
Tip 2: Invite your friends! More swappers mean more swappables and lots more fun.
Tip 3: Read our swapping guidelines: www.swapsity.ca/SwapZoneTO
DID YOU KNOW?
The Swap Zone is run 100% on volunteer power.
This will be Swapsity’s 3rd year at the Live Green Toronto Festival.
To date, the Swap Zone has saved Torontonians more than $150,000!
HOW WILL IT WORK?
BRING: Take your pre-loved books, DVDs, CDs, vinyl records and Blu-rays to our Swap Zone located at Yonge and Shuter.
GET: Receive a swap token for every accepted item you bring.
SWAP: Trade you swap tokens for new items from the Swap Zone.
5 DVDs + 4 records + 1 CD
- You can bring an unlimited number of books, DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs and vinyl records to the swap. To participate, you must contribute at least one item.
- We will be accepting VHS tapes at this event. To keep it fair, we’ll issue separate tokens for VHS tapes. In other words, VHS tapes can only be swapped for other VHS tapes.
- Participants are invited to bring books, movies and music of any genre. No X-rated or questionable media please. We reserve the right to not accept any items that we feel are unsuitable.
- No textbooks, encyclopedias, dictionaries, magazines, reader's digest, software or games.
- We will have a section dedicated to kids' and family movies and music. When dropping off your items, please let us know if any of your items are family-friendly.
- Please bring original media only. Counterfeit or pirated media items will not be accepted. VHS tapes must include original label or markings that verify the item is original. We will not accept any copied media.
- The items must be in good condition. Please do not bring any media items which skip or do not work. We will be checking all items that are dropped off to ensure they are original and not scratched. Remember, your items will be passed on to a fellow Torontonian!
- You will be able to take the same number of items that you bring. If you choose to take back fewer items, the extras will be donated. Keep in mind that all swaps are final.
- All media items will be considered equal value. For example, if you contribute 10 DVDs, you could swap it for five records, three CDs, one Blu-ray and one DVD.
- We will be accepting movies and music in both English and French. Please refrain from bringing foreign language media to this swap event. We’re accepting foreign films with English and French subtitles.
- Live Green Toronto Membership Card holders who participate in the swap will be able to receive one bonus item, while supplies last. For example: card holders who drop off five items, will be able to pick up six items. You must present your membership card to do this.
- There will be no money exchanged, and no purchase of swap items. Just pure swapping.
- You can redeem your tokens anytime on July 27th, 11am-8pm. If you have a token but don't find anything that you like when you arrive, you can come back to the Swap Zone later in the day to swap your token for new arrivals.
- Only swap tokens issued on July 27 will be accepted during this event. Please do not bring tokens from previous events.
- You will receive 1 swap token for each disc you contribute. For example: if you bring the 6th Season of Smallville on 4 Blu-ray discs, you will be given 4 tokens to use toward other media items. If you bring a 2 DVD set of Planet Earth, you will be give 2 swap tokens.
- All media items must be stored in a case. Media items must be original, but the cases don't have to be.
- Visitors who sign up for Swapsity membership at http://www.swapsity.ca between July 24th and July 27th will be eligible for one free swap at the Swap Zone. Swapsity membership is free. The promo code will be emailed to you when you create a new Swapsity account. This promotion is not applicable to existing members. Please provide this code when you check-in on July 27th. This promotion can be used in conjunction with a Live Green Card.
Note: Swapsity website is currently undergoing upgrade. We will be back online on Friday by 9pm EST. Please come back to sign-up!
Love to swap? Learn more about online swapping in our primer to barter in the 21st century.
Whether you're returning or new to our swap meets, we can't wait to see you drop in to the Swap Zone!