<< Back to Swap Zone
Book Movie Music Eco-Swap
Joining us? RSVP here
Can Torontonians come together to recycle 7,500 media items in a two-day swap marathon? Join us April 25-26 to
refresh your entertainment library. Just bring your pre-loved books, movies and music to the Swapsity Swap Zone and
trade them, one-for-one, for 'new' favourites. It’s fun, collaborative and budget-friendly! Last year,
our swappers kept over 5,500 items out of landfills and each swapper saved an average of $80, just by swapping. Incredible!
5 CDs + 5 books
3 books + 6 records + 1 CD
2 CDs + 1 record
- Date: April 25-26
- Location: Green Living Show, Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place, 100 Princes' Blvd, booth 3217
- Bring: Books, CDs, vinyl, DVDs and Blu-rays
- Swap Zone Admission: $5
GREEN LIVING SHOW
The Green Living Show is Canada's largest consumer show dedicated to all things green and healthy.
Show-goers can shop from over 400 exhibitors, taste delicious local food, and gather information and
inspiration from a diverse selection of demonstrations, presentations and activities.
Looking for deals on GLS tickets?
- Get your tickets at the door: Have an April TTC Metropass? Get 2-for-1 admission to the Green Living Show when you flash it at the door. That gets you and a friend into the show for just $16 or $8 each.
- Buy ticket online: Use promo code EXPROMO to receive a $3.00 discount for individual tickets. That gives you access to all Green Living Show attractions for the discounted price of $13.
- You can bring books, DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs and vinyl records to this swap. Each participant can contribute up to 50 items. To participate, you must contribute at least one item. NEW!
- Please bring original media only. Counterfeit or pirated media items will not be accepted. We will not accept any copied media.
- Participants are invited to bring books, movies and music of any genre. No X-rated or questionable media please. We reserve the right to reject any items that we feel are unsuitable.
- No textbooks, encyclopedias, dictionaries, magazines, Reader's Digest, software or games.
- We will not accept any Dollarama media items. NEW!
- We will be accepting movies and music in both English and French, or foreign films with English and French subtitles. Please refrain from bringing foreign language media to this swap event.
- We will have a section dedicated to kids' and family books, movies and music. When dropping off your items, please let us know if any of your items are family-friendly.
- The items must be in good condition. Please do not bring any media items that skip or do not work. We will be checking all items that are dropped off to ensure they are original and not scratched. Remember, your items will be passed on to a fellow Torontonian.
- We will issue a swap token to each Swap Zone participant. You need the token to enter the Swap Zone.
- You will be able to take the same number of items that you bring. If you choose to take back fewer items, that's fine too. Extras left over at the end of two days will be donated. Keep in mind that all swaps are final.
- DVDs can only be swapped for other DVDs. NEW!
- All media items will be considered equal value. For example, if you contribute 10 books, you may pick up five records, three CDs and two books.
- There will be no money exchanged, and no purchase of swap items. Just pure swapping.
- You may only trade items from your personal collection.
- Live Green Toronto Membership Card holders who participate in the swap will receive one bonus item while supplies last. For example, cardholders who drop off 5 items, will be able to pick up 6 items. You must present your membership card to get your bonus swap.
- You can redeem your tokens anytime between April 25-26, during the Green Living Show opening hours. If you have a token but don't find anything that you like when you arrive, you can come back to the Swap Zone later in the day or the next day to swap your token for new arrivals.
- Only swap tokens issued on April 25th or 26th will be accepted during this event. Please do not bring tokens from previous events. They will not be valid.
- You will receive 1 credit for each CD, DVD, Blu-ray disc you contribute. For example, if you bring the 6th Season of Smallville on 4 Blu-ray discs, you will be given 4 credits to use toward other media items. If you bring a 2 DVD set of Planet Earth, you will be given 2 credits. Book-CD combos will count as two items.
- All media items must be stored in a case. Media items must be original, but the cases do not have to be.
- Be considerate to other swappers and refrain from "camping out" in one location. Doing so obstructs traffic and creates a bottleneck in the Swap Zone. NEW!
- Swap Zone admission costs $5 per participant with a token. If you come back the next day, you will be able to use the same token to enter the Swap Zone without having to pay admission again. NEW!
- Unredeemed Book Movie Music Swap tokens are not transferrable to Sunday's Fashion Accessory Swap. The two events are separate.
- Swap Zone participants enjoy free re-entry into the Green Living Show upon presenting a valid swap token issued on April 25. Remember to keep your token. You will need to present it when you enter the Green Living Show the next day. NEW!
- Above all, we are committed to maintaining the integrity and the values behind the Swap Zone. We reserve the right to ban any participant who neglects the Swapping Guidelines.
Love to swap? Check out our online community, and get swapping.
ARE YOU AN ENTREPRENEUR?
Are you a small business owner, freelancer or entrepreneur interested in bartering? Connect with us.