Book Movie Music Eco-Swap - Green Living Show
What titles are you bringing? Let us know!
BOOK MOVIE MUSIC ECO-SWAP
Back by popular demand, the Swapsity Swap Zone is returning to the Green Living Show 2013.
Can Torontonians come together to swap 5,000 items in a three-day swap marathon on April 12-14? Absolutely!
Swapsity invites you to be a part of the rapidly growing swapping movement with this huge community swap. It's an eco-friendly, fun and affordable way to refresh your book library and media collection. In one year, our swappers saved a whopping $100,000 and recycled over 16,000 things. Incredible!
Want to join us? Just bring your pre-loved books, movies and music to the Swapsity Swap Zone and trade them, one-for-one, for 'new' favourites. We’ll be accepting books, CDs, vinyl, DVDs, Blu-rays and VHS tapes. Bring the kids and check out the family-friendly section.
- WHAT: Book Movie Music Eco-Swap
- WHY: Recycle, save money, de-clutter, share stuff and build community spirit!
- WHEN: April 12 to 14
- WHERE: Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place, 100 Princes' Blvd, Booth 837
- BRING: Books, DVDs, CDs, vinyl, Blu-rays and VHS tapes
- FREE SHOW ENTRY: One piece of recyclable electronic waste is your free ticket into the show.
- SWAP ZONE FEE: $2 (bring a toonie!)
- SWAP MEET ALERTS: http://www.swapsity.ca/meets
- GREEN LIVING SHOW: See highligths
Be sure to invite your friends! More swappers means more swappable items to choose from. Let them know by inviting them to our Facebook event page and get the word out on Twitter by using the #SwapZoneTO hashtag.
PHOTOS WITH SWAPTOPUS
Don’t forget to snap a photo with Swaptopus, our beloved mascot. This cute and cuddly creature is a true swap enthusiast who never misses a Book Movie Music Eco-Swap. You can probably find her using those long arms to scour for some new CDs!
DAYS AND HOURS
Friday, April 12 – 10 am - 9 pm
Saturday, April 13 – 10 am - 9 pm
Sunday, April 14 – 10 am - 6 pm
HOW WILL IT WORK
BRING: Take your pre-loved books, DVDs, CDs, vinyl records, VHS tapes and Blu-rays to our Swap Zone.
GET: Receive a swap token for every accepted item you bring.
SWAP: Trade you swap tokens for new items from the Swap Zone.
5 DVDs + 4 records + 1 CD
3 records + 1 CD
6 VHS tapes
6 VHS tapes
- You can bring an unlimited number of books, DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs and vinyl records to the swap. To participate, you must contribute at least one item.
- To keep it fair, we’ll issue separate tokens for VHS tapes. In other words, VHS tapes can only be swapped for other VHS tapes.
- Participants are invited to bring books, movies and music of any genre. No X-rated or questionable media please. We reserve the right to not accept any items that we feel are unsuitable.
- No textbooks, encyclopedias, dictionaries, magazines, reader's digest, software or games.
- We will have a section dedicated to kids' and family movies and music. When dropping off your items, please let us know if any of your items are family-friendly.
- Please bring original media only. Counterfeit or pirated media items will not be accepted. VHS tapes must include original label or markings that verify the item is original. We will not accept any copied media.
- The items must be in good condition. Please do not bring any media items which skip or do not work. We will be checking all items that are dropped off to ensure they are original and not scratched. Remember, your items will be passed on to a fellow Torontonian!
- You will be able to take the same number of items that you bring. If you choose to take back fewer items, the extras will be donated. Keep in mind that all swaps are final.
- All media items will be considered equal value. For example, if you contribute 10 DVDs, you could swap it for five records, three CDs, one Blu-ray and one DVD.
- We will be accepting movies and music in both English and French. Please refrain from bringing foreign language media to this swap event. We’re accepting foreign films with English and French subtitles.
- Live Green Toronto Membership Card holders who participate in the swap will be able to receive one bonus item, while supplies last. For example: card holders who drop off five items, will be able to pick up six items. You must present your membership card to do this.
- There will be no money exchanged, and no purchase of swap items. Just pure swapping.
- You can redeem your tokens anytime between April 12-14 (during opening hours). If you have a token but don't find anything that you like when you arrive, you can come back to the Swap Zone later in the day or the next day to swap your token for new arrivals.
- Only swap tokens issued on April 12-14 will be accepted during this event. Please do not bring tokens from previous events.
- You will receive 1 swap token for each disc you contribute. For example: if you bring the 6th Season of Smallville on 4 Blu-ray discs, you will be given 4 tokens to use toward other media items. If you bring a 2 DVD set of Planet Earth, you will be give 2 swap tokens.
- All media items must be stored in a case. Media items must be original, but the cases don't have to be.
See you on April 12, 13 and 14.
Love to swap? Learn more about online swapping in our primer to barter in the 21st century.